Who wouldn’t want to win the lottery? Imagine if you won. What would you do? What would you buy? Before you think about that, here’s some tips on playing the lottery.
-Know which game you are playing and the odds of winning that lottery. Each state has different lotteries with different odds so be sure to read the rules and the odds. The national lotteries Mega Millions and Powerball usually have lower chances because it has a wider entry pool.
-Check your numbers. There have been examples of winners who failed to claim their winnings! Write down the lottery drawing date and double check your numbers.
-Pool your entry with co-workers, friends, or family. You increase your chances by buying more tickets. So if your office, family or other group decide to pool in together to buy some tickets, don’t miss out.
-Beware of scams. There are many scams that try to capitalize on lottery players. It’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with a few tips to avoid lottery scams:
- Only buy tickets from authorized lottery retailers.
- It’s not legal to sell lottery tickets across national borders.
- If you didn’t buy a lottery ticket or participate in a second-chance lottery game, you didn’t win.
- The lottery doesn’t notify you when you win; you are responsible for checking your winning tickets.
- You’re never required to pay money up-front to receive a winning lottery prize.